Thursday 20 February 2014

When vision is cloudy

When  vision is cloudy
and hearing dim
When memory escapes me
and I fall in to sin
When pains strike
and I may not win
You are near to lift me up
You lift the kettle and fill my cup
You break the bread on which we sup
You nurse me back to health and bear the cross

You are the true friend
The help of the poor
You are the light
You are the door

The way the truth and the life
Water in to wine
The Church is your wife

Given time we all shall come
We are all brothers and sisters
Daughters and sons
The Father loves us
Divinity three in one
Great for low
Pierced with holes and spear
In your perfect love
you conquered the last fear

You held yourself not high or hauty
You feared not death or disease
You saved and fed and watered
You attended to all my needs
You are the Saviour heaven sent
You have come and all depravity went

You came not to punish but to save
To live and breathe fulfilling promises made
In the sky on a cloud
behind you the sun
you proclaiming aloud
That all sinners go to heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment