Tuesday 9 June 2015

I do not even know her name.

I will ease the strain
until the pain subsides
Shelter you from rain
The sun shines and the birds fly

For so long you have
carried this burden
In this song I will
sooth you with words

In the now and forever
we are saints and sinners
In the clouds and heather
we claim our winnings

Our lot is our friends
who endure with us
Who stand till the end
Who do what they must

For till the trumpets sound
and all with you are around
In that day of tribulation
we forget names and nations

For the crisis is long and agonizing
and not all know they are suffering
I know you are in that day
where pains pave your way

If only I could ease the strain
for a while you would
smile behind your eyes

I don't even know your name
And I don't know when I will see you again
.

No comments:

Post a Comment