Sunday 30 August 2015

Like a star

Like a guiding star
to a lost sailor
So is my Christ
My soul saviour
Like a rock
for my anchor
So my Love
has stamina

For the call to Love is binding
All may come and walk by His side
upon the road to salvation winding
its' way up the hill side

Like an island
Like a shore
For no man
needs any thing more
than a touch
of Grace
a tear falling from His
beautiful face

A flower in the dark
jungle beckons me
Turning in the wind
a skylark flies free
And the sand burns my feet
I am but a weak
man, given to lusts
I sate my fill
But feel disgust

But over yonder, over yonder
Over there
Some thing in the
pure clear air
Some one clean
with gleaming hair
Will He save me
From the grave

For He comes
for me and you
For He nears
to still our fears
To give us true
Life more fully
Yours faithfully
CJW
.

No comments:

Post a Comment