Sunday 6 August 2017

Summer with you

The surprising and wavering light
that shines in the mind of quiet and lonely ones
Some times coming nearer some times drawing away
living a life of the spirit lively and spry
The illumination some times revelatory compelling
lucid times in the warm light above relieving anxiety
and they are good times to be remembered and expressed
warm summer breeze through her hair and her diaphanous dress
grass green in the meadow cold stream in the valley
little sparrows leaving their nests testing their wings to fly
Life simple and good every thing living as they should
life away from death far above the depths
How green and golden how do you fix an FJ Holden
for a drive down to the beach you need a spanner that will reach
The air in the shed smelling of drying hay
good times in the bed yesterday
how we laughed and carried on your way this time
Gin and tonic with a twist of lime please if you would
I’d get it myself if I could but I can’t get anything for myself
part of living with you is that you nourish me body and soul
.

No comments:

Post a Comment