Wednesday 15 January 2014

Even the Heart

Even an organ as strong as the heart
cannot survive when left apart
from the comfort of friends and lovers
How oh how will my heart recover
Stillness too soon in the night
I toss and turn in the pale moon-light
I am hot, bothered and can not sleep
I have not slept a wink in weeks
When will the light shine
When will you, love, be mine
Although I can not own you
I only want some-one true
to be with
share my wit
and get it
If only I had you by my side
always to be with, to let me ride
I have always wanted some-one like you
If only those times I had been good
Then maybe things would have turned out as they should
If only I had been better behaved and thought
Things might have been as God has wrought
And God forgive me my sins and tresspasses
I am a minnow and fingerling and wrasse
But a fish I remain
In the water I stay
In the fluid that saves
And one day to fly
a sparkle in Gods eye
And Jesus my friend,
our lives together never to end
.

No comments:

Post a Comment