Wednesday 1 January 2014

The Law

The Law of Love
means we are tested
If requited then we may rest
in the green fields to smile and jest

I was empty and bereft
feeling pain and mistaking it for joy
Amusing myself to while away the hours
with trinkets and toys

And when the tide went down
and I wore a beggars frown
then the Prince was there
to make my life clear

He did not offer coin
far more was he offering
A life with an eternal friend
"Your days shall never end"

I have seen thus far and I know
no matter how low I go
He can always reach
and land me on the beach

From the tempest of the sea
to be safe and set free
A free man with soul
and Holy Spirit to guide

From the water to behold the land
To walk with feet along the sand
A friend by my side
to comfort and sometimes chide

All the while with a pure abiding love
He is the white dove
venturing over endless seas
Returning always back to me

No comments:

Post a Comment