Tuesday 18 July 2017

.. The time is now ... (part two)

Torturous time
for a mind to wait
... am I forsook forsaken?
in this land of mists and shadows?
For I took I have taken
what was not mine to touch
I anguish much
I am not the perfection of Heaven
and so do I fall all the way to Gehenna
below the ones who have not manners
"Thou shalt not judge... for vengence is Mine"
says the Lord."
Or is their manner more than what I saw on the surface
of my own flawed vision
"In the eyes of the Lord
there are no flaws."
Is someone who begs on the street
less than someone who eats meat?
Is eating something dead wrong?
Or is it the killing?
I have contemplated eating pigeons which
have died by other causes than human hands
but the Book of Deuteronomy says that
"Thou shalt not eat of anything that dies of itself. You may give it to the alien residing in your towns to eat or you may sell it to the foreigner." Deut. 14:21 also in Leviticus.
Have Vegans got the right idea?
My answer is a cautious yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment