Thursday 22 January 2015

To the Lord

To the Lord, Supreme of All
In the wilderness, to You I call
In the turbulent space
to You I turn my face
So far from the Heavenly Home
So far have I roamed
To be in Your presence
To behold Your High Essence
I can venture no farther
I don't see anything after
the Fall. The tainting of us all
The terrible affliction
The taking of conviction
The enmity and pain
The dark skies and rain
So long do we suffer
The lowly and the upper
So degrading the toil
For bread and oil
Till our dying day
we will have little to say
Except our lumpen lot
How little we thought
Yet I fall at Your feet
in my little defeats
In my every sin
I let Your Majesty in
In my desire
to stand by the Holy Fire
before Your throne
To finally come Home
Till my dying day
I will always say
Only for You, Lord of All
I have heard Your call
.

No comments:

Post a Comment